We are always looking for talented freelance translators and interpreters to join our growing team. If you're interested in working with Syntacta, please check our minimum requirements:
Freelance translators should have:
- At least 2 years' experience as a full-time freelance or in-house translator or 3 years' experience as a part-time freelance translator.
- A first degree in a translation-related discipline (or a degree in any subject and a translation postgraduate qualification / membership of a recognised professional body).
- You must have a computer and internet connection, and be proficient with standard office software.
Freelance interpreters should have:
- At least 2 years' experience as an interpreter.
- A first degree in an interpreting-related discipline (or a degree in any subject and an interpreting postgraduate qualification / DPSI).
The Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI) is a first-degree level qualification (NQF Level 6) in terms of language skills required for those interpreting in the UK in a Public Service context.
It provides a nationally consistent standard of professionalism for those who wish to progress into careers as interpreters using English in a Public Service context.
Holders are entitled to apply for registration on the National Register of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI Ltd) and for membership of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (IoL).
- Membership of a recognised professional body (e.g. the Institute of Linguists, the Institute of Translation and Interpreting, NRPSI, or foreign equivalents).
We mainly look for talented translators and interpreters working into or out of English. If you meet the requirements above we would love to hear from you. The first step is to complete the profile form below and return it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the form, right click and choose 'Save as...' (or similar, depending on your browser). To open the form you may need to install Adobe Reader. We prefer to receive your profile form by email.